Lead Spa Therapist
Owned by multinational developer, Far East Consortium, The Ritz-Carlton, Perth will be a prominent anchor point within Perth’s Elizabeth Quay development. Sitting just 30 metres from the waterfront, the 205-room hotel will occupy a 28-storey tower, which will also include a selection of impressive residential apartments. The Ritz-Carlton, Perth will also offer guests world-class amenities, including four distinctive restaurants and bars. The hotel is also ideally positioned to accommodate conference and meeting space demand in the city with 2,000 square metres of conference space, including a spacious 572 square metres ballroom fitted with the latest AV technology. Other facilities at the hotel include a Fitness Centre, which offers a gym, spa, and outdoor infinity swimming pool, while an open-roof courtyard with tropical, landscaped gardens creates a resort feel in a bustling city.
Responsible for Spa Therapist daily shift operations and supervision of Spa Therapists, maintains standards and assist the Spa Manager in spa treatment. Strives to ensure guest and employee satisfaction. Accountable for enforcing all legal obligations professionally and consistently. Determines training needed to accomplish goals, then implements plan.
As a Lead Spa Therapist, perform the duties listed as Spa Therapist and in addition, is responsible for training, scheduling of rosters, counseling, motivating, coaching employees and serve as a role model. Also responsible in ensuring that treatments provided by Spa Therapist is meeting guest’s expectation and hotel’s standards.
- Permanent full time position
- 38 hours per week minimum, shift hour
- Hourly Rate with Annual Earning from $62,000-$72,000
Education and Experience
- Diploma in Remedial Therapy or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Provide Spa/Salon Services
- Performs remedial massage therapy, facials, manicure, pedicure and other spa treatments.
- Monitor and stick to time schedule to stay on schedule throughout the day.
- Confirm guest first and last name and type of treatment scheduled prior to beginning treatment.
- Escort guests to and from treatment rooms.
- Assess guest needs and inquire about contraindications (e.g., allergies, high blood pressure, pregnancy) before beginning service.
- Arrange workstation, treatment room, and/or drapes to ensure guest comfort and safety.
- Check with guest to ensure continued comfort throughout service (e.g., comfortable temperature, amount of pressure).
- Handle inappropriate guest behavior by stopping service and informing supervisor/manager.
- Promote and sell spa/salon services.
- Check computer for updates and changes to schedule regularly throughout the day.
- Maintain current licensure in service area (e.g., massage therapy, nail services) by taking continuing education if needed and renewing license before expiration date.
Maintain Spa/Salon Environment
- Clean, maintain, and sterilize tools (e.g. nail implements, hot stones) and equipment (e.g., wax pots, steamers).
- Maintain cleanliness of workstation and/or treatment room throughout shift.
- Dispose of trash and dirty linens in the proper area.
- Secure supplies and equipment at the end of each shift.
- Notify Engineering of spa/salon maintenance and repair needs.
Leading Spa Therapist Team
- Training of all newly onboarded and existing Spa Therapists on different spa massages, facials, manicure, pedicure and all spa treatments.
- Scheduling of roster of Therapists based on their availability and availability of treatments.
- Counselling and motivating of Spa Therapists.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service and operational needs are met.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Communicates critical information to the Spa Therapists.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Responds effectively to guest problems and complaints.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Provides feedback to individuals in an effort to improve service performance.
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
Managing Human Resource Activities
- Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We will require candidates to have unrestricted working rights for Western Australia.
The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.