Owned by multinational developer, Far East Consortium, The Ritz-Carlton, Perth will be a prominent anchor point within Perth’s Elizabeth Quay development. Sitting just 30 metres from the waterfront, the 205-room hotel will occupy a 28-storey tower, which will also include a selection of impressive residential apartments. The Ritz-Carlton, Perth will also offer guests world-class amenities, including four distinctive restaurants and bars. The hotel is also ideally positioned to accommodate conference and meeting space demand in the city with 2,000 square metres of conference space, including a spacious 572 square metres ballroom fitted with the latest AV technology. Other facilities at the hotel include a Fitness Centre, which offers a gym, spa, and outdoor infinity swimming pool, while an open-roof courtyard with tropical, landscaped gardens creates a resort feel in a bustling city.
Accountable for overall success of the daily restaurant kitchen operations. Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Supervises all restaurant kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced. Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
Permanent full time position
38 hours per week minimum, shift hours
Salary is $75,000-$85,000
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
· 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
· Manages restaurant kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
· Estimates daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates production needs to restaurant kitchen personnel daily.
· Assists Executive Chef with all restaurant kitchen operations and preparation.
· Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
· Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
· Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
· Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
· Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
· Performs all duties of restaurant kitchen managers and employees as necessary.
· Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
· Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
· Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
· Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
· Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
Leading Restaurant Operations
· Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
· Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
· Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
· Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
· Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
· Maintains the productivity level of employees.
· Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
· Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
· Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
· Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
· Recognizes success performance and produces desired results.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
· Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
· Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
· Sets a positive example for guest relations.
· Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
· Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
· Handles guest problems and complaints.
Maintaining Culinary Goals
· Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
· Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
· Schedules employees to meet business demands and tracks employee time and attendance.
· Trains employees in safety procedures.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
· Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
· Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
· Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
· Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
· Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
· Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
· Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We will require candidates to have unrestricted working rights for Western Australia.
The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.