About the business
Long Chim is a triumph of casual dining, combining traditional street food with contemporary flavours alongside modern riffs of classic cocktails with Thai flavours. Authentic Thai created by Sydney born Chef David Thompson, Australia’s leading authority on all things Thai, using traditional Thai techniques with banging Australian produce. Service is genuine, cheeky and a little bit spicy.
We are committed to creating a warm, genuine and authentic Thai experience by transporting the bustling streets of Thailand to our home in the heart of the historic State Buildings.
About the role
As a Chef de Partie within the Long Chim team you will assist in the preparation and service to our guests. You will possess a calm and organised demeanour and be able to deliver a consistent high quality product under pressure. Your experience will enable you to assist the Head Chef and the extended team in other areas of kitchen production as required.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Working with local and seasonal ingredients on a constantly changing menu, striving to consistently deliver the best;
- Adhere to recipes and procedures as outlined by the Head Chef and provide input into menu design and creation, writing recipes where appropriate;
- Having full knowledge of every menu item from start to finish;
- Assist in the supervision and educating of line chefs.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive Salary
- Access to a variety of discounts on products and services within the State Buildings
- Opportunities for growth, development and cross exposure in other departments
- Community focused
- Vibrant work culture
- Regular staff training
- Regular menu and beverage tastings
- Constantly evolving offerings throughout the venue
- Career progression opportunities
- Structured, professional working environment
Skills and experience
Ideal candidates will have the following skills and experiences;
- Relevant Qualification in Commercial Cookery;
- At least one year’s experience as a Chef de Partie in a high end restaurant environment;
- Ability to take direction from senior staff and willingness to educate junior staff;
- Willing and able to work early shifts including weekends when required;
- A strong work ethic, a passion to create good food and a desire to succeed.
This role will require excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with organisational ability including time management, task prioritization and resource scheduling.