Majuba Bistro is looking for a dynamic and passionate chef to join our team.
The position will initially be focused on the cold kitchen and pastry sections, but being part of our team will give you the opportunity to grow and develop within the kitchen.
Duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Assist senior chefs to plan and prepare dishes.
- Ensure all related work areas are clean and hygienic.
- Contribute to management of food cost control.
- Handle deliveries, stock rotation and stock ordering of your section
- Ensure effective running of section during service
- Maintain consistency and highest quality at all times
The ideal candidate will meet the following expectations:
- High school diploma or equivalent; higher certification in culinary arts preferred but not essential
- 1-2 years of work experience in a similar role
- Good understanding of food, health, and safety regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work holidays and weekends, however maintain a five day week.
- A good team player
- A positive attitude with a passion for all things food
If you would like to become part or our team, or explore our opportunities a bit further, please forward your Resume and a short motivation telling us why you want to join our team, to [email protected] Alternatively, you are welcome to give us a call on the number provided.
We look forward to hearing from you,
The Majuba Team.