Crowne Plaza Perth is located in the heartland of beautiful Perth, Western Australia with picturesque Langley Park at the hotel doorstep. An upscale riverside hotel with spectacular views of the city’s iconic Swan River and just minutes from the Perth CBD, Crowne Plaza Perth is in the ultimate location.
At Crowne Plaza Hotels and Resorts, we embrace the new world of business and understand that Modern business travellers want a hotel (and a hotel team) that understands and supports them, helping at every turn.
We are currently recruiting a Finance Manager who will be responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of hotel financial information, in keeping with the IHG accounting standards for full-service hotels and under the direction of the General Manager with support from the Area Director of Finance & Business support.
He or She will drive superior financial performance and uphold IHG standards for internal controls and will support and champion a constant drive for continuous improvement in financial performance whilst maintaining high standards of guest satisfaction and employee engagement will and possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
This role will suit a career professional who is looking to take on their next challenge in hospitality. As a team member of the Crowne Plaza Perth, you will experience a variety of challenges in your daily job and will be empowered to make a difference. You will be part of a multiskilled, multi-talented, collaborative and action-orientated leadership team.
You should be a hands-on leader, be at the forefront to nurture your small team and be the face of the business. To be successful you must be performance focused, an out of the box thinker and deliver outcomes high standards.
Your day to day
Reporting to the General Manager, the role involves:
· Using financial analysis, data trends and maker information to anticipate needs, identify operating & financial issues and recommend actions to maximise financial returns.
· Driving a great working environment for teams to thrive by connecting departments to create a sense of a one cross functional team.
· Managing day to day activities, planning and assigning work, coaching and mentoring, and establishing performance and development goals for team members.
· Ensuring a safe and secure environment for guests, team members and hotel assets in compliance with the Hotel’s policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
· Creating the annual operating budget for the property and provide analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving and productivity improvement opportunities for department heads.
· Engaging department leaders in departmental performance to ensure consistency and accuracy and provide ongoing communication on financial results.
· Managing and fostering strong relationships with key 3rd Party vendors, internal and external stakeholders to support operational needs.
· Providing support to hotel leaders for Capital Expenditure ensure Capital commitments have the appropriate documentation and approvals.
· Analysing ROI for capital projects and other initiatives for presentation to stakeholders for review and approval.
· Providing direction to hotel colleagues on how decision-making impacts profits and reputation.
· Promoting teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with department leaders.
Your team leadership activities will involve working closely with hotel teams on rostering, training and hotel operations to ensure high levels of work productivity and quality. You will promote positive employee engagement and retention and strong alignment Crown Plaza Perth’s strategic and business objectives
What we need from you
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Commerce with proven experience of 5 + years in a similar role
· Excellent understanding of hotel operating and financial systems and revenue management principles.
· Knowledge of accounting fundamentals and taxation, experience in performing asset management duties and providing business projections.
· Ability to lead and develop your team to manage and influence performance and profitability.
· A strong leader, who is a good team player with strong communication skills with Initiative and energetic drive to learn and make a difference.
· Strong time management, planning and organisational skills.
· The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
To be successful you will need to demonstrate a passion for customer service, excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills, high standards of personal presentation and strong leadership capabilities.
Prior experience in a similar role in a hotel environment is preferred and prior experience in leading a small team would be a distinct advantage.
The successful applicant must have full entitlements to work in Australia.
What we offer
The role presents a great opportunity to work and grow with a dynamic and professional team. Terrific working conditions are on offer, a competitive salary and benefits, (including car parking) and an opportunity to grow with the IHG group.
What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
And because the Crowne Plaza Brand belongs to the IHG family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 6000 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
So, whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to the Crowne Plaza brand and IHG and we’ll make sure you have room to be yourself