Casual Chefs & Cooks
Join the Perth Racing team and work amongst the Raceday action!
This is your chance to be part of the Ascot Racing Carnival. From October to January each year, Ascot Racecourse comes alive with some of our biggest race day events, including Melbourne Cup, The Pinnacles and Perth Cup.
We are currently seeking experienced casual team members to work across our Functions and Kitchen outlets for the 2023-24 Ascot Racing Carnival.
We are WA’s only metropolitan race club and manage two venues – Ascot and Belmont Park Racecourses. For 160 years, we have been one of Perth’s major tourist attractions, offering thoroughbred racing, entertainment and venue hire for special events.
Racing is an all-year sport – we host race meets every week in every season! In addition to our racing carnivals, we also host corporate functions, conferences, festivals, weddings, trade shows and much more.
For the superstars in our team, we have shifts available for race day and non-race day events all year round, above and beyond our Ascot Racing Carnival.
Why join Perth Racing?
We offer excellent hourly rates, a range of social and employee benefits, plus a fun and supportive team environment.
The perks of Perth Racing include:
· Daytime hours
· Public Holiday rates on Perth Cup Day (Monday 1 January 2024)
· Free onsite parking
· Proximity to public transport
· Lunch provided on key days
· Uniforms provided
· Training provided
What roles are available?
We are looking for team players with Kitchen experience who work well in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. You will have a passion for outstanding attention to detail and embody our core values of Integrity and Transparency, Leadership and Empowerment, Innovation and Excellence, Safety and Sustainability, and Engagement and Understanding.
To be successful in these roles you will have:
- Relevant experience in reputable venues
- High standard of personal presentation
- Excellent communication skills
- Availability to work Saturday day shifts
- Completed commercial cookery Certificate 2,3 or 4
- Knowledge of fast paced kitchen environment
- Work in clean organised timely manner
- Follow OSH standard and facilitate safety standards
- Experience in conference /event history desirable
· Saturday 14th October Opening Day
· Saturday 4th November TABtouch Derby day
· Tuesday 7th November Melbourne Cup Day
· Saturday 18th November THE PINNACLES Day 1 – Champions Fillies Day
· Saturday 25th November THE PINNACLES Day 2 – Furphy Railway Stakes Day
· Saturday 2nd December THE PINNACLES Day 3 – Crown Perth Winterbottom Stakes Day
· Saturday 9th December THE PINNACLES Day 4 – Drummond Golf Northerly Stakes Day
· Saturday 16th December THE PINNACLES Day 5 – TABtouch Goldrush Day
· Monday 1st January 2024 Perth Cup Day
If you want to experience the thrilling atmosphere of Ascot Racing Carnival and work in a great team environment, Perth Racing is the place to be! Please apply now with your cover letter and resume.