Plated & Cocktail Function Wait Staff Superstars
Be part of our amazing hospitality team at Ascot!
Are you a hospitality superstar with exceptional customer service skills? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Are you a Plated Cocktail & Wait Staff superstar? If so, we want you to be part of our incredible hospitality team at Ascot Racecourse.
This is your chance to be part of the Ascot Racing Carnival. From October to January each year, Ascot Racecourse comes alive with some of our biggest raceday events, including Melbourne Cup, The Pinnacles and Perth Cup.
We are WA’s only metropolitan race club and manage two venues – Ascot and Belmont Park Racecourses. For 160 years, we have been one of Perth’s major tourist attractions, offering thoroughbred racing, entertainment and venue hire for special events.
Racing is an all-year sport – we host race meets every week in every season! In addition to our racing carnivals, we also host corporate functions, conferences, festivals, weddings, trade shows and much more.
For the superstars in our team, we have shifts available for raceday and non-raceday events all year round, above and beyond our Ascot Racing Carnival.
Why join Perth Racing?
We offer excellent hourly rates, a range of social and employee benefits, plus a fun and supportive team environment.
The perks of Perth Racing include:
· Daytime hours
· Public Holiday rates on Perth Cup Day (Monday 1 January 2024)
· Free onsite parking
· Close proximity to public transport
· Lunch provided on key days
· Uniforms provided and laundered each shift
· Training provided
What roles are available?
We’re seeking enthusiastic team players with hospitality experience who thrive in a high-energy environment. If you have a passion for exceptional customer service and embody our core values of Integrity and Transparency, Leadership and Empowerment, Innovation and Excellence, Safety and Sustainability, and Engagement and Understanding, we want you!
To be successful in these roles you will have:
• Relevant experience in reputable venues
• High standard of personal presentation
• Ability to carry 3 plates
• Excellent communication skills
• Availability to work Saturday day shifts
• Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate (SITHFAB002)
• For Team Leaders – a demonstrated ability to lead a team in a fun & fast paced environment
• Approved Managers desirable but not essential
• Safe Food Handler Training
· Saturday 14th October Opening Day
· Saturday 4th November TABtouch Derby day
· Tuesday 7th November Melbourne Cup Day
· Saturday 18th November THE PINNACLES Day 1 – Champions Fillies Day
· Saturday 25th November THE PINNACLES Day 2 – Furphy Railway Stakes Day
· Saturday 2nd December THE PINNACLES Day 3 – Crown Perth Winterbottom Stakes Day
· Saturday 9th December THE PINNACLES Day 4 – Drummond Golf Northerly Stakes Day
· Saturday 16th December THE PINNACLES Day 5 – TABtouch Goldrush Day
· Monday 1st January 2024 Perth Cup Day
If you’re ready to experience the electrifying atmosphere of Ascot Racing Carnival and be part of an amazing team, Perth Racing is where you belong! Apply now by submitting your cover letter and resume.
Join us in creating unforgettable experiences and making the Ascot Racing Carnival truly spectacular. We can’t wait to welcome you on board!