Retail Catering Supervisor
Retail Catering Supervisors are responsible for the smooth running and exceptional service of the casual event team in the bars and food outlets at RAC Arena.
About the role
- Oversee your team and make sure a fun, efficient and friendly customer experience is provided.
- Manage and motivate a diverse casual team to deliver service excellence, communicate effectively and have open and honest conversations with team members.
- Maintain and anticipate adequate stock levels to ensure uninterrupted supply for service demands.
- Coordinate the stock management process to ensure correct and efficient stock control.
- Identify and address individual and team training needs as required.
- Champion RAC Arena’s Core Values and maintain a positive culture.
- Assist the Retail Catering Manager in implementing strategies for continuous improvement.
- Ensure compliance with all company standards, policies and procedures and legislative requirements.
- Excellent hourly $ rate.
- 1-2 years experience working in a busy retail, customer-facing environment and delivering the highest standards of customer service and maintain humility and empathy even when under pressure.
- Excellent communicator, confident in engaging and working with all types of people, both colleagues and customers.
- Proven ability to train, coach and empower a team, along with proactively dealing with performance issues.
- Forward-thinking and can maintain composure in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Proactive, positive and approachable.
- Sound knowledge of relevant statutory compliance requirements including Liquor Control, Food Safety Standards and OS&H.
- Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate (SITHFAB002)
- Food Handler Certificate (SITXFSA001)
- COVID Hospitality & Tourism COVID-19 Hygiene Training
- National Police Clearance and proof of identity that meets the 100 points
About the venue
RAC Arena is WA’s home of live entertainment, music and sports. Since opening, our 15,000-seat venue has hosted many famous superstars, including Prince, The Killers, Beyoncé, Kendrick Lamar, Fleetwood Mac, The Rolling Stones, Ed Sheeran, KISS, Celine Dion and Katy Perry. RAC Arena has also given our sporting favourites an opportunity to thrive and excel. The venue has previously hosted the Hopman Cup with record attendance and stellar players, such as Roger Federer, and Serena and Venus Williams. The Perth Wildcats have scaled new heights on and off the court by regularly playing in front of more than 12,000 people, transforming the CBD into a sea of red during their home games.
About the company
ASM Global is the world’s leading venue management and services company, with a portfolio of more than 300 of the world’s most prestigious arenas, stadiums, convention and exhibition centres and performing arts venues. ASM Global Asia Pacific operates a network of venues in locations including Brisbane, Sydney, Perth, Darwin, Cairns, Newcastle, Christchurch, Kuala Lumpur, China, Hong Kong, and the UAE.
Working in the venue and event industry means supporting the delivery of events across our event calendar. This means that weekend, evening and public holiday work will be required.