Valley Social is seeking experienced, highly motivated individuals for Chef positions.
Valley social is a newly renovated Restaurant in the heart of the Swan Valley, offering a modern Australian dining experience, with American Barbeque included. Our outdoor fully licensed Beer Garden regularly hosts large functions and concerts, featuring a number of popular Australian artists. Our kitchen at Valley Social is up to date with the best of equipment, stoves and refrigeration, and has a friendly and highly motivated team. We are open 5 days a week. Closed all day Monday and Tuesday.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Leadership, supervision and motivation of junior kitchen team members
• Daily responsibilities in the planning, preparation and execution of a la carte and functions
• Stock rotation, minimising waste
• Creating appealing daily and weekly specials, taking into account seasonal offerings
• Organising and producing high quality food
• Knowledge of HACCP standard and maintaining excellence in hygiene in a clean,
organised working environment
• Running multiple functions and events at the same time with a team of Chefs
You will possess the following:
• at least 2 years post apprenticeship experience
• a valid work visa or permanent residency
• experience in Modern Australian cuisine desired but not essential
• ability to multi task
• be approachable, flexible and open minded
• the ability to work independently and responsibly, or in a team environment
• multi skilled in a range of sections within the kitchen
• comfortable with communicating between departments
• Innovative and imaginative with a passion for creating great food
• able to maintain a high level and consistency in food quality and presentation
• the ability to work well under pressure and during peak times
• a sense of humour!
This is a hands on position and you will require a solid background and proven track record of promotion within high standard establishments, working with the freshest of ingredients to produce interesting, creative, up to date cuisine. You will be customer and team focused with a positive attitude and willingness to learn. We are offering an excellent salary package to the right person. Does this sound like the kind of working environment you have been looking for?
If so, APPLY NOW!