The Operations Supervisor (OS) role has many elements. The OS is the day-to-day leader on the Matagarup Bridge site with the responsibility to drive the safe execution of all activities, lead the team and engage customers. The OS will create and maintain a high standard of service delivery through dynamic leadership, energy and compliance with our operational processes.
The OS is to engage with patrons and guide activities with fun, flair and empathy; using our allocated infrastructure to deliver a memorable experience.
The following skills and qualities are essential:
- A commitment to safety in all its forms and an understanding of risk and compliance
- A passion for people and commitment to developing exceptional customer experiences
- A focus on managing and training the team to keep them safe and motivated
No formal education requirements. The following qualifications/knowledge/experience are well-regarded:
- Business, tourism, education, first aid or human movement
- Working at heights, IRATA Rope Access Level 3, recreational roping or similar are mandatory. In particular:
- SISORSC002 – Perform vertical rescues
- SISOABS005 – Establish ropes for single-pitch abseiling on artificial surfaces (Release 1)
- Knowledge of relevant Australian Standards relating to climbing, ziplines and challenge ropes courses
- CertIV in Tour Guiding or similar (or experience in tour leading and guide training)
- Familiarity with front-of-house IT systems in tourism (esp Rezdy)
- Knowledge of relevant Australian Standards relating to climbing, ziplines and challenge ropes courses is very well regarded.