Seeking a full-time hospitality experienced person to work as 2nd in charge to the Venue Manager, on-the-job training will prepare you for the job requirements, and previous experience and knowledge in customer service, bar service and food service is preferred and will increase the salary on offer. The Wage is based on the level of experience and skill set the successful applicant presents, to be discussed on application. Hours are 38 per week, paid weekly, the roster will vary from morning shift to nightshifts.
The Provincial fits somewhere between a Pub and a Cafe, not quite a restaurant yet the same in many ways. Our difference is that we fuse all of the best qualities of these businesses into 1 cosy venue. We are open for breakfast lunch and dinner, our focus is on good customer service, fresh tasty food and a vibrant ambience. We like our team to be casually efficient with a sound product and service knowledge. We train our team to be customers focused, customers are always the priority. This is where we rely on our management team to train our casual staff and maintain the integrity of our reputation. The secondary priority is preparing the venue for service which requires a hands-on person to lead by example and take initiative to keep the business operating seamlessly by planning ahead and using peripheral senses to see that everything is always in order.
Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains inventory.
- drink and food menus.
- Determines employees’ schedules.
- Ensures the bar is well-stocked and clean.
- Tracks customer behavior and sales.
- Maintains budget and monitors costs.
- Maintains drink recipe documentation.
- Oversees planning for special events.
- Appropriately delegates tasks to staff.
- Selects and purchases liquor and other supplies.
- Oversees staff, including bartenders and barbacks, and, in some cases, bouncers, waitstaff, and/or kitchen staff as well.
- Hires, trains, promotes, and, when necessary, disciplines or fires staff.
- Selects music, books bands, and provides input on décor and marketing, including social media and other forms of publicity.
- Initiates and maintains vendor relationships.
- Uses point-of-sale tracking technology and bar and restaurant management platforms.
- Excellent multitasking ability.Problem-solving skills.
- Interpersonal relationship skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong leadership ability.
- Organizational skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Knowledge of food, beverage, and hospitality industries.
- Calm under pressure
- Able to maintain restraint in stressful situations.
- Ability to de-escalate tense interactions.
- Judgment and creativity.
- Facility with math.
- Comfortable with hospitality and sales technology platforms.
- Enthusiasm and lots of energy.
Education, Experience, & Licensing Requirements:
- Prior experience working in a bar or restaurant.
- Supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with point-of-sale tracking technology and bar and restaurant management platforms.