YOUR DAY TO DAY
As a Food & Beverage Teamleader focused in Events, you will be responsible for ensure all conferences and events run smoothly and to the highest standard.
For larger events you will lead and manage you team each day with setting up, packing down, and ensuring seamless service for all conferences and events. Whether it be briefing the team at the beginning of the event; giving clear direction; or ensuring that each guest experience exceed their expectations; no two days will ever be the same. For smaller events, you may work alone to exceed guest expectations.
This is a varied role with connection to all departments across the Hotel. Your presentation, passion for F&B service and eagerness to lead will be the key to creating a seamless, luxury experience for our guests.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
The ideal candidate will…
- Over 1 years proven experience in motivating and leading a team of others in a busy and modern events & function area or F&B venues. Previous experience in hotels, corporate events or convention centres highly regarded.
- Exceptional customer service skills and have a high ability to interact with guests & colleagues.
- Be a confident multi-tasker who can deliver under pressure. This includes the innate ability to remain calm under pressure when responding to last minute changes
- Have an eye for detail and be an enthusiastic and approachable person who is motivated to take ownership and consistently deliver a unique guest experience.
- Have beverage knowledge of wines, beers and spirits.
- Be able to work well in a team environment and support the wider team success.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Be flexible with their availability – early mornings, afternoons, nights, weekend and public holiday shifts are all part of the job.
A candidate must also…
- Have the legal right to work in Australia without limitation or restrictions.
- Hold a current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certification.
WHAT WE OFFER
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey
- Free meals on shift
- Laundered uniform supplied
- Paid birthday leave – hip hip hooray!
- Proactive paid wellness and mental health days
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels for accommodation, food and beverage
- A massive colleague discounts platform for all your favorite brands and retailers
- Paid parental leave
- Most importantly, your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of leave entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be InterContinental Perth City Centre and proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.