About the Role
The Pumphouse boasts one of the most beautiful sunset spots in town where guests can enjoy an afternoon drink, meal, and croc watch from our outdoor seating!
We are seeking passionate F&B Attendants to assist in the running of the front of the house, ensuring the highest standards of customer service, food and beverage experiences, and compliance with company procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Be familiar with bar and restaurant operations
- Be enthusiastic, proactive, and have the willingness to learn
- Be attentive and anticipate guests’ service needs, including creating connections to provide a personalised service
- Have wine knowledge, and/or a basic understanding or passion for wine and the ability to confidently provide appropriate pairings to customers
- Be knowledgeable of food and beverage items on the menu and have the ability to recommend menu combinations and upsell alternatives
- Assist other colleagues to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen
- Maintains cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures
- Set tables according to the type of event and service standards
- Be knowledgeable of and follow appropriate procedures for serving alcohol. Must hold a current RSA certificate
- Perform closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas, returning equipment to proper locations, locking refrigerators, restocking items, turning off lights, locking doors, and completing daily cleaning checklist
- Have flexibility across a weekly roster, including nights and weekends
- Possess a safety-first mindset
- Prior experience in a similar role/capacity is ideal
- Strong wine knowledge and the ability to provide appropriate pairing to customers are highly advantageous
- Working knowledge of restaurant systems (POS Swift) is preferred but not essential.
- Good communicator with a personable character and a passion for guest relations management.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Valid working rights in Australia
What we Offer You
- An attractive wage and accommodation.
- An opportunity to make your mark in a well-known, yet reinvigorated restaurant within an award-winning tourism and hospitality company comprising Aviair, Helispirit, Freshwater East Kimberley Apartments, Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge, Bungle Bungle Guided Tours, Kimberley
- Experiences, and the Australian Helicopter Academy.
- Free duty meals and group discounts and benefits.
- An opportunity to make your mark in a well-known, yet reinvigorated restaurant
- Personal development opportunities to grow in a diverse, inclusive company
- A great team environment
- Salary Sacrifice/salary packaging benefits (including remote area housing benefits)
- Flexible work arrangements.
The successful candidate will need to complete a satisfactory National Police Check and Drug and Alcohol Test prior to commencement.
How to Apply
If you think that this is the right role for you, please click on ‘Apply Now’ to submit a cover letter and resume outlining your relevant qualifications and experience.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this position.
Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.