Constructed in 1961 with the inception of the Kununurra township, The PumpHouse was once an integral part of the Ord River Irrigation Scheme. Now heritage-listed, the building was repurposed in 2008 to offer a waterfront restaurant showcasing the region’s best views and produce before closing its doors in late 2021. Licensed to seat 120, and with a reputation for great food, wine, cocktails, and amazing views the new owners are proud to return this iconic venue to Kununurra.
About the Role
The PumpHouse Restaurant is seeking two F&B Supervisors to assist the Restaurant Manager in the front-of-house management, ensuring the highest standards of customer service, food and beverage experiences, and compliance with company procedures and regulatory requirements. We are looking for hands-on motivated F&B professionals to help bring this iconic Kununurra venue back to life and contribute to an enjoyable and rewarding workplace.
- Minimum 2 years F&B experience in a full-service a la carte establishment, with supervisory experience or the readiness to take the next step in your career.
- Wine and cocktail knowledge, and ability to confidently provide appropriate pairings to customers.
- Be self-motivated with a positive outlook and the ability to foster a strong, collaborative team culture.
- Hold a current Approved Manager’s License.
- Hold a current “C” Class Driver’s Licence.
- Possess a safety-first mindset.
- Be confident in the use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and the operation of a POS system.
- Well organised, with the ability to prioritise in a busy working environment and delegate as required.
- Have flexibility across a weekly roster, including nights and weekends.
Key duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing a high level of support to the Restaurant Manager to induct, train, lead, and motivate front-of-house personnel.
- Managing front-of-house shift operations, ensuring compliance with procedures, company culture, and optimum management to achieve higher customer satisfaction and net revenue.
- Ensuring the presentation, operation, and security of all areas of the venue.
- Assisting in the development of operational procedures and manuals to drive consistent performance.
- Providing friendly and attentive service to guests and responding to customer complaints and feedback appropriately.
- Delivering shift operations in line with approved rosters, budgets, and timesheets.
The successful candidate will need to complete a satisfactory National Police Check and Drug and Alcohol Test prior to commencement.
What we Offer You
- A competitive salary and accommodation (sub-lease arrangement).
- An opportunity to make your mark in a well-known, yet reinvigorated restaurant within an award-winning tourism and hospitality company comprising Aviair, Helispirit, Freshwater East Kimberley Apartments, Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge, Bungle Bungle Guided Tours, Kimberley
- Experiences, and the Australian Helicopter Academy.
- Free duty meals and group discounts and benefits.
- Personal development opportunities to grow in a diverse, inclusive company.
- A great team environment.
- Salary Sacrifice/salary packaging benefits (including remote area housing benefits).
How to Apply
If you think that this is the right role for you, please click on ‘Apply Now’ to submit a cover letter and resume outlining your relevant qualifications and experience.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this position.
Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.