Our Chefs are a very important part of the team at Mantarays and are responsible for all aspects of food and catering, preparing and cooking professional food/dishes for other people and are proficient in all aspects of food preparation, quality control and presentation, as aligned to a commercial kitchen in the hospitality industry.
Duties will include but not be restricted to:
• Ensure all Health and Safety legislation and guidelines are implemented, adhered to, and reviewed regularly, in respect of kitchen production, employees, machinery, equipment and hygiene. Be COVID-19 compliant with vaccination status and adherence to strict hygiene requirements.
• Produce all dishes to a high standard, following presentation and recipe guidelines to guarantee consistency of product.
• Ensure all products used are of a high standard.
• Develop recipes and determine how to present dishes in the most appealing and professional way.
• Provide direct input to the Head Chef in planning menus and ensuring uniform and consistent serving sizes, the right temperature and overall high quality of meals and dishes.
• Store food items appropriately, both in cold and dry store locations.
• Oversee the thorough cleaning of all areas before, during and after service.
• Running service periods in the absence of the Head Chef and Sous Chef as required.
• Oversee the training of junior Chefs and apprentice(s).
The role requires a team orientated Chef with very good communication skills, who is prepared to integrate well into the existing team in the Mantaray’s Kitchen. Reasonably priced accommodation is available for the right candidate.