19 hours per fortnight which includes weekend shifts:
- 9am – 5pm – Friday (Fortnightly)
- 9am – 4pm Saturday (Weekly)
- 10am – 4pm Sunday (Fortnightly)
- 8am – 9am Team Meeting (Monthly)
$33.83 – $39.56 per hour (inclusive of 15% shift penalty) + 10% super
- Free parking and safe bike storage
- End of trip facilities
- Health and Wellbeing program
- Discounted membership at Fremantle Leisure Centre
- Superannuation co-contribution options for eligible employees
- 17.5% leave loading
The City of Fremantle provides an eclectic mix of services, facilities and events to local residents, businesses and visitors. We are committed to employing caring, competent, adaptable and responsive, professional individuals who are excited about making Fremantle a welcoming city for all. The City is committed to serving our community and making a positive impact on our environment. We aim to do this through our culture, whereby we take ownership, bring creativity and innovative thinking, collaborate to create better outcomes, and celebrate our collective success. We are committed to reducing paper and going digital to reduce our environmental impact and improve access and efficiency.
The City of Fremantle is seeking a dynamic and highly customer focused person to join our dedicated team at the Fremantle Visitor Centre.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responding promptly and professionally to customer requests at the front counter, online and by telephone, with a sound knowledge of Fremantle, Perth and Western Australia, particularly relating to tourism accommodation and attractions.
- General administration tasks.
- Undertake complementary duties as requested by the Team Leader Visitor Services.
- You will also have experience handling cash, a positive attitude with the ability to work with a diverse range of people and be available to work regular rostered weekends and public holidays.
The successful applicant will have experience in customer service and tourism and has the ability to work independently while maintaining a collaborative attitude to achieve team goals.
The City of Fremantle promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. The City encourages people of all ages, genders, and abilities, Aboriginal Australians and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this job.
If you have any access needs that may require reasonable adjustments to allow you to fully participate in the application and interview process, please get in touch with the contact below. If you are an Aboriginal person or a person with a Disability who would like assistance with your application, please contact the Jobs and Skills Centre on 136464.
Click Apply to be directed to our website and submit your application. Navigate to Job Attachments to view position description and Application Instructions.
Applicants should provide a current curriculum vitae and a two-page (maximum) cover letter in .pdf format. You do not need to address the selection criteria. Your CV and cover letter should demonstrate how your skills and experience make you a suitable candidate for the advertised position. The estimated closure date is 5pm Friday 2nd September 2022 but we reserve the right to close the ad prior to this date.
To discuss this opportunity in more detail please contact Heather Christy on 08 9432 9638.