Smart Talent is delighted to assist WAITOC in its search for a Public Relations and Marketing Coordinator.
WAITOC is the peak representative for Aboriginal tours and experiences in Western Australia. We promote a wide range of over 100 cultural experiences at a state, national and international level. Our vision is for Western Australia to become the premier destination in Australia for authentic Aboriginal experiences.
We are looking for a dynamic person to join the team as Public Relations and Marketing Coordinator for a 2-year term, effective August 2023 – 30 June 2025.
The Public Relations and Marketing Coordinator will work with the Marketing Manager to establish and implement the annual marketing plan related to promoting the State’s Aboriginal tourism experiences. This will require the delivery of traditional and digital marketing initiatives, production and management of collateral assets, public relations, and participation at consumer and trade travel events.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Assist with the planning, development, and execution of marketing campaigns across channels, including digital, print, social media, email, and events.
- Create and edit marketing content, including website copy, social media posts, newsletters, and promotional materials.
- Assist in implementing trade and consumer marketing activities and represent WAITOC as required.
- Assist in managing marketing budgets and tracking expenses.
- Provide advice and assistance to Aboriginal tourism operators and trade partners in relation to WA Aboriginal tourism experiences.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists and bloggers, and other media representatives.
- Draft press releases, media pitches, and other communication materials to disseminate news and information about both WAITOC and our members.
- Create content for various platforms, including social media, websites, newsletters, and internal communications.
- Assist in establishing itineraries, and escort, where required, media and trade familiarisations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Good understanding of social media marketing and digital tools.
- Strong content writing skills.
- PR/Media knowledge or experience.
- Experience in developing and managing effective and respectful relationships.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to undertake local, domestic and international travel.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Capable of planning, prioritising and organising work to meet deadlines.
- Drivers License.
- Knowledge and experience of the Western Australian travel and tourism industry.
- Experience in domestic and/or international marketing.
- Tertiary qualification in public relations, communications, marketing or tourism (or equivalent work experience).
- Experience working with Aboriginal people and/or communities.
- Own vehicle.
Rewards and Benefits
- Flexible working hours/some days working from home.
- Fabulous office location – free parking.
- Professional Development Opportunities.
- Work laptop and phone provided.
Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter outlining your skills and experience. Applications close Monday, 14 August.
Initial enquiries are welcome by email to [email protected]
Further information about WAITOC can be found at www.waitoc.com