· Examining food products to ensure quality.
· Regulating temperatures of ovens, grills and other cooking equipment
· Preparing and cooking food.
· Seasoning food during cooking.
· Portioning food, placing it on plates, adding gravies, sauces and garnishes
· Storing food in temperature-controlled facilities.
· Preparing food to meet special dietary requirements
· Plan menus and estimate food requirements.
· Training of other kitchen staff and apprentices.
· Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary hood-handling practices
· Weight, measure mix and cook with ingredients according to recipes, personal judgement and experience.
· Assist other team members during emergencies or rush periods
· manage quality control, hygiene, and health and safety;
· ensure the requirements of the Employee Manual are adhered to and upheld;
· enter data and check invoices as required; and
· take responsibility for back of house purchasing to maintain stock levels.