About the role…
The Flour Factory is a premium inner-city venue located in a charming 100-year-old flour mill. This historic and spacious venue spans over two floors offering a range of unique spaces for all occasions. The vibrant ground-floor comprises of an expansive gin-focused bar, licensed laneway terrace, and intimate restaurant serving modern Australian cuisine. The second floor of the venue offers unique indoor and outdoor event spaces catering for a range of corporate occasions, social functions, and weddings up to 250 guests.
Established in 2014, the Flour Factory was the second venue from Perth’s award-winning hospitality team, Sneakers & Jeans whose portfolio also includes Varnish on King, Caballitos, Hadiqa Pirate Life Perth and TOMA.
We are on the hunt for a full time Sous Chef to join our tight knit crew at The Flour Factory.
With a drive for functions and internal events (but still some love for á la carte service), you’re an organised, enthusiastic, and passionate chef with innovative ideas who enjoys working in a vibrant team within the fast-paced, ever evolving Perth hospitality industry.
Reporting to our Head Chef Jade Jones and Executive Chef Jett Alexander, you’ll have a keen interest in catering for seated and cocktail style functions at this multi-faceted venue, with a great eye for detail and a flair for utilizing the best seasonal produce locally sourced from small farms and producers.
This is a salaried, full-time position for an immediate start.
With minimum two years’ experience in the following, it’s likely you’re the right person for this role working for one of Perth’s leading hospitality operators:
Key skill requirements…
- Demonstrate a hands-on, inspirational leadership style across all service areas and shifts
- Running large plated functions, canapés and grazing style set ups
- Assisting the Head Chef with weekly orders, preparation, staffing, stock control and health and safety
- Open communication with our Events Management Team on upcoming functions
- Drive customer satisfaction through The Flour Factory’s restaurant, bars, and event spaces by delivering an exceptional food product and experience
You’ll bring with you…
- No formal qualifications are required, however a combination of on-the-job experience with a completed apprenticeship and vocational qualification such as a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (SIT30813) is advantageous
- Further studies such as an Associate Degree of Culinary Management is desirable but not essential
- Attention to detail, multi-tasking and great communication skills
- Strong organisational and time management
- COVID Hygiene Course Certification & Vaccine Proof
- A desire for self-progression as well as the development of those around you. At Sneakers we believe in a ‘tribe mentality’ – a group of people that care for each other and look after each other no matter what. Bonded together by a strong sense of shared values, meaning and purpose
What do we offer…
This role provides the opportunity to work in a vibrant team for nationally respected hospitality operator, Sneakers & Jeans – brought to you by hospitality legends Andy Freeman and Lachlan Howarth. Recently named ‘Employer of the Year’ at the 2020 Business News RISE Awards and scooping ‘Hospitality Operator of the Year’ at the AHA Awards for two consecutive years (2019 & 2020), all eyes are on S&J right now.
This is a great opportunity for a hospitality professional seeking a role within a company committed to the development of their employees and the prioritisation of a positive staff culture. You’ll benefit from a full-time position in a fun, energetic and award-winning Events team –and have the opportunity to grow as we grow, with some delicious staff benefits, including the acclaimed S&J staff wellness program; S&J top-up.
We urge you to find out a little more about us and our portfolio before applying. Check out our website and socials!
Send us a cover letter addressing your skills & experience along with your resume & salary expectations. You’ll be required to present references should you be successful for interview.