About the role…
Varnish on King is a multi-award-winning whiskey bar located right in the heart of Perth’s CBD! Tucked away in the basement of a heritage building, Varnish pays homage to American Whiskey and is home to Perth’s most extensive showcase of bourbons, ryes, Canadian and Tennessee whiskey. Also serving up epic eats – our food is an innovative, eclectic fusion of American classics with a cheeky Aussie twist.
Working closely with Executive Chef Jett Alexander, we are seeking an experienced Head Chef to take ownership of this fast-paced kitchen and run it like it is their own. With the continuous support of the Sneakers & Jeans team, you will be given the opportunity to take full leadership and future development of the kitchen. We have high standards of our Chefs and are seeking candidates who can offer their own individual expression, knowledge and insight to the role.
This role comes with a great balance of support, autonomy and incredible opportunity in a fast-paced, ever-evolving industry. With minimum two years of experience in the following, it’s likely you’re the right person for this role working for one of Perth’s leading hospitality operators:
Key skill requirements…
- At least two years experience with completed apprenticeship and vocational qualification/s
- Certificate 3 in commercial cookery (SIT30813) OR Diploma of Hospitality Management CCS (SIT50416)
- Strong passion for the industry with a friendly service-focused attitude. This is a hands-on role so a love for being among the action and ensuring exceptional guest experience is a must
- Ability to think creatively and problem-solve on your feet
- A high level of business and financial acumen with a commitment to achieving KPIs, managing budgets, and implementing cost-effective and revenue focused strategies
- Weekly orders, preparation, staffing, stock control and health and safety
- Open communication with our Events Management Team on upcoming functions
- A desire for self-progression as well as the development of those around you. At Sneakers we believe in a ‘tribe mentality’ – a group of people that care for each other and look after each other no matter what. Bonded together by a strong sense of shared values, meaning and purpose.
- Drive customer satisfaction through Varnish’s bar and restaurant by delivering an exceptional food product and experience
You’ll bring with you…
- Attention to detail, multi-tasking and great communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management
- COVID Hygiene Course Certification & Vaccine Proof
- A desire for self-progression as well as the development of those around you. At Sneakers we believe in a ‘tribe mentality’ – a group of people that care for each other and look after each other no matter what. Bonded together by a strong sense of shared values, meaning and purpose
What do we offer…
This role provides the opportunity to work in a vibrant team for nationally respected hospitality operator, Sneakers & Jeans – brought to you by hospitality legends Andy Freeman and Lachlan Howarth. Recently named ‘Employer of the Year’ at the 2020 Business News RISE Awards and scooping ‘Hospitality Operator of the Year’ at the AHA Awards for two consecutive years (2019 & 2020), all eyes are on S&J right now.
This is a great opportunity for a hospitality professional seeking a role within a company committed to the development of their employees and the prioritisation of a positive staff culture. You’ll benefit from a full-time position in a fun, energetic and award-winning Events team –and have the opportunity to grow as we grow, with some delicious staff benefits, including the acclaimed S&J staff wellness program; S&J top-up.
We urge you to find out a little more about us and our portfolio before applying. Check out our website and socials!
Send us a cover letter addressing your skills & experience along with your resume & salary expectations. You’ll be required to present references should you be successful for interview.