An efficient experienced cook that can handle the pressure of a busy kitchen catering for around 100 people twice a day, ( baked goods and coffee in the morning, nightly meal). Focusing on an authentic menu, producing traditional meals with a contemporary twist whilst taking advantage of the amazing produce sourced from the Gascoyne’s food bowl. Wooramel is known for cooking on its open fire pits/ smoked meat and camp ovens meals.
What we are looking for:
The position requires a fit and active person with excellent customer service and culinary skills. Previous experience in a similar role in the hospitality industry. Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and motivate a small customer focused team. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Strong organizational skills with clear focus on quality and standards. You need to be flexible and able to think on your feet to thrive in an outback where isolation can often put challenges in your path.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Barista qualifications.
· Produce high-quality food while delivering the best standards of customer service, ensuring our guests leave us with lasting memories
· Demonstrate creative cooking style with a strong emphasis on quality, presentation..
· Work within a team and autonomously, delegating jobs to serving staff and communicating clearly with management on requirements, day to to issues and successes.
· Organise weekly food orders through local plantations, commercial food and meat outlets.
Using the online application called Kounta to control stock.
· Update weekly food audits of incoming stock into kounta.
· Prepare meal plans/ estimated guest numbers/ café report for fortnightly management meetings.
· Ensure the kitchen complies with sanitation regulations and safety standards
· Experience or interest to learn in outdoor cooking over fire pits/ in camp ovens and smoking desirable.
· Other jobs as required to run a busy kitchen.
What we offer:
Attractive salary / Accommodation & utilities during your employment /Some meals included.
An opportunity to experience life on a outback station.
To apply for this role please click on ‘Apply for this job’ and send your CV and detailed cover letter.