We want you to join our team!
Leading up to the Spring Racing Carnival we are looking for positive and energetic Function / Restaurant/ Barista /Bar and Wait Staff to join our team.
Why join Perth Racing?
- $200 cash bonus when you work the 5 Pinnacle days
- Free lunch on the Pinnacle days, Melbourne Cup & Perth Cup
- Glamorous trackside events, restaurants, private suites and bars
- Friendly, vibrant and dynamic atmosphere
- Close proximity to public transport
- Saturday day shifts available
- Attractive pay rates (Penalties on Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays)
- Great working conditions including free car parking
- Uniforms provided (laundered each shift)
- Tuesday 1st November Melbourne Cup paid at Sunday rates
Who are we?
Perth Racing is the premier thoroughbred racing club in Western Australia, operating both Ascot and Belmont Park Racecourses. The Western Australian Turf Club (trading as Perth Racing) has an iconic history of hosting thoroughbred racing in WA for over 160 years. Perth Racing, a multi-faceted racing, entertainment and event business, stages approximately 100 race meetings per year, including outstanding carnivals.
What are the positions?
We are looking for experienced hospitality staff who want to be part of this exciting and dynamic atmosphere, who demonstrate our winning culture and practice our core values of: Integrity and Transparency, Leadership & Empowerment, Innovation & Excellence, Safety & Sustainability and Engagement & Understanding. There is potential for ongoing weekday event preparation shifts for suitably experienced stars.
The following roles are available:
- Functions and Restaurants – Waitstaff, Supervisor’s and Floor Managers
- Café & Fast Food – Baristas, Short Order Cooks and Counter Staff
- Bars – Bar Attendants, Cocktail Bar Tenders, Stock Runners
To be successful in these roles you will have:
- Relevant experience in reputable venues
- For team leader roles, leadership skills and demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Impeccable grooming, presentation and communication skills
- Availability to work Saturday day shifts
- Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate (SITHFAB002)
- Approved Managers desirable but not essential
Key Dates – Pinnacle Days
Saturday 12th November 2022: Euroz Hartleys Champion Fillies Day
Saturday 19th November 2022: Furphy Railway Stakes Day
Saturday 26th November 2022: Crown Perth Winterbottom Stakes Day
Saturday 3rd December 2022: Drummond Golf Northerly Stakes Day
Saturday 10th December 2022: TABtouch Gold Rush Day
Other Major Events
Saturday, 8th October 2022: Crown Perth Opening Day at Ascot Racecourse
Saturday 15th October 2022: Sporting Legends Day
Saturday, 22nd October 2022: Irish Day
Saturday 29th October 2022: TABtouch Derby Day
Tuesday, 1nd November 2022: TABtouch Melbourne Cup Day
Saturday 5th November 2022: WAROA Lee Steere Stakes Day
Saturday 17th December 2021: Family Christmas Raceday
Sunday, 1st January 2023: TABtouch Perth Cup Day
Why Perth Racing?
Perth Racing is a vibrant and highly supportive organisation with a proud history and an exciting future. We offer a diverse workforce, an inclusive culture and an opportunity for significant professional growth and development.
We are seeking someone to become part of a team with a shared vision to create sporting and entertainment venues of which WA can be proud.
If you want to be part of an exciting, fast-paced work environment, then Perth Racing is the place to be!
If you have a passion for customer service and are committed to delivering high levels of service, please apply now with your cover letter and resume.