Visa Information

If you want to spend time working in Australia you will need a work visa, the type of visa you may get will depend on how long you want to stay. For tourism and hospitality workers, we find the most common types of visas are Working Holiday Maker visas, Temporary Skilled or Graduate work visas, and Student visas.

Planning your next adventure, why not consider a Working Holiday Maker (WHM) to Australia? A WHM allows you to stay longer, and work while you’re here! There’s no better way to be immersed and experience a culture than to become a part of it.

Regional Western Australia has a number of great working opportunities for backpackers and WHM, with a high demand for workers in the tourism and hospitality industry. Learn how to pour a pint overlooking some of the best beaches in the world, or develop your skills as an eco-tour guide in one of the most biologically diverse places in the world, surrounded by the history of one of the richest and oldest continuing cultures in the world.

Working Holiday Maker visas

More information for visas for young adults who want an extended holiday and to work here to fund it can be found here:

Work and holiday (subclass 462)

Working holiday visa (subclass 417)

Temporary Work Visas

A temporary work visa lets you come to Australia to work on a temporary basis. There might be visa conditions on your visa that only allows specific work or work with a certain employer.

Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482)
Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)
Skilled – Recognised Graduate visa (subclass 476)
Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)


A visa if you plan to visit Australia to participate in a course of study, allowing you to work while you study.

Student visa (subclass 500)

Still unsure?
Explore your visa options.

Note: The visa granting authority is the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs. For up-to-date information, please refer to their website.
The content on this page is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Please consult with an Australian qualified immigration lawyer or migration agent if you are seeking legal advice.

Find your next Opportunity