EVENING CHEF POSITION
G’day, we are seeking a Cook / Commis Chef to work the evening shifts with us at Bark Subiaco.
We are a small bar and café with a big focus on being a wholesome, welcoming and friendly space.
** The role is Tuesday to Saturday evenings, no Sundays or Mondays. **
We are a small venue that’s cosy, warm and friendly – a real neighbourhood bar. Board games, nostalgic cocktails, live jazz.
We have a solid team, there is no divide between front and back of house – we are one team.
Our evening menu consists of mainly yummy share plates and a few substantial options.
We’re looking to refresh this menu on our venue theme: a modern take on Australian nostalgia whilst keeping the dishes tasty and unpretentious.
You will need to be able to take initiative, be trustworthy, work alone and most importantly, be passionate about yummy food. A can-do attitude, ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Running of kitchen solo during evenings, 5-9pm Tuesday to Saturday
- Dinner menu and function menu development
- Prep for breakfast, lunch, dinner and functions
- Ordering and stock control
- The evening role is Tuesday to Saturday, with the kitchen being open from 5pm to 9pm.
- In the evenings you will be working independently (aside from functions / busy nights).
- We are also open for breakfast / lunch and you will be working together with our wonderful morning chef to organise and run the kitchen.
- Options for casual employment or a 38 hour full time salary position. We are flexible based on what the right applicant would prefer. Award rate, higher rate possible based on previous experience.
- Role available to start immediately.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Monday to Friday
8 hour shift
This is a great opportunity with room for growth, to work with a great team and put your input into the venue. If you’re ready for the next step, we’d love to hear from you.
Please email through your resumé with a bit about yourself to Cassie at [email protected]