Parkerville Tavern is a well-known destination venue in the Perth Hills.
We are looking for casual Bar Staff to join the Parkerville team for a busy summer ahead.
We’re a fun little crew and the successful applicant will have:
- Previous Bar Experience
- Coffee making experience
- RSA certification
- Approved Manager’s card looked on favourably
- Availability to work evenings and weekends
- We’re looking for people who can work 20+ hours a week with a passion for food, beverages and friendly service.
This role reports to the Venue Manager.
Develop and bring to life Parkerville Tavern’s food & beverage service
- Implement Parkerville Tavern’s food & beverage service guidelines
- Liaise with the Venue Manager on all matters relating to the business
- Serves food & beverages while adhering to the Responsible Service of Alcohol guidelines
- Assist with the Open, Hand Over and Close Procedures
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Handles customer complaints and incidents
- Be able to take direction when required from other Managers
- Assist with regular cleaning duties for front of house, bar, cool rooms and storage areas
- Assist with delivery and storage of goods (heavy lifting involved)
- Lead by example and abide by OSH policy
All staff are responsible for fostering positive culture towards workplace, business and fellow employees.
Ensure Parkerville Tavern’s values are in action
AUTHENTIC | SUSTAINABLE | LOCAL
Strive to be AUTHENTIC in all that we do.
- We are true to our word.
- Our food and service are real, genuine and reliable.
- We are professional, yet friendly and approachable.
- We are proud of our heritage.
We are a SUSTAINABLE business.
- We are passionate about and consider the Perth Hills and our environment in all we do.
- We manage our business to be sustainable so that our staff, patrons, community and environment can all benefit
We love LOCAL.
- We want to promote and use local content – ingredients, beverages, suppliers, music and businesses
- We help out our community
This position involves:
- Flexibility with your position & be helpful (we may need you to assist elsewhere in the business on occasion)
- Flexibility with your roster
- Providing a high level of customer service, setting the example and assisting other staff attain service levels
- Punctuality with a well-groomed appearance at all times
- Ensuring the smooth operation of front of house
- Becoming familiar with Parkerville Tavern, its services & events and being able to advise guests accordingly
- Managing and reporting all incidents, accidents and hazards in your work area and complete all paperwork as required
- Other duties as directed
SKILLS REQUIRED (includes but is not limited to)
- Demonstrate a hospitable and can-do attitude
- Demonstrate communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- Be able to take direction with speed and efficiency
- Great attitude, honesty, loyalty and exceptional work ethic
- Proven ability to work alongside staff with respect and fairness
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
Hours: Bar staff expected to work evenings, weekends and public holidays (as per conditions set out in individual contract).