About the role…
Varnish on King is a multi-award-winning whiskey bar located right in the heart of Perth’s CBD! Tucked away in the basement of a heritage building, Varnish pays homage to American Whiskey and is home to Perth’s most extensive showcase of bourbons, ryes, Canadian and Tennessee whiskey. Also serving up epic eats – our food is an innovative, eclectic fusion of American classics with an Aussie twist.
Varnish on King is part of the award-winning hospitality team, Sneakers & Jeans, whose portfolio also includes The Flour Factory, Caballitos, Hadiqa and Pirate Life Perth.
We are seeking an experienced Venue Manager to take ownership of this multi-faceted venue and run it like it is their own. With the continuous support of the Sneakers & Jeans team, you will be given the opportunity to take full leadership and future development of the venue. We have high standards of our Venue Managers and are seeking candidates who can offer their own individual expression, knowledge and insight to the role.
This role comes with a great balance of support, autonomy and incredible opportunity in a fast-paced, ever-evolving industry.
With minimum three years of experience in the following, it’s likely you’re the right person for this role working for one of Perth’s leading hospitality operators:
Key skill requirements…
- Strong passion for the industry with a friendly service-focused attitude. This is a hands-on role so a love for being among the action and ensuring exceptional guest experience is a must
- Ability to think creatively and problem-solve on your feet. With many components operating in unison, this role requires the ability to manage multiple teams, focus on guests across all areas, and ensure the smooth operation of the venue during busy periods
- A high level of business, management and financial acumen with a commitment to achieving KPIs, managing departmental budgets, and implementing cost-effective and revenue focused strategies
- A desire for self-progression as well as the development of those around you. At Sneakers we believe in a ‘tribe mentality’ – a group of people that care for each other and look after each other no matter what. Bonded together by a strong sense of shared values, meaning and purpose
You’ll bring with you…
- This role has requirement of 3+ years minimum experience within a venue management, or other relevant management role
- Unrestricted Approved Manager’s Card
- COVID Hygiene Officer Course Certification required
What do we offer…
This role provides the opportunity to work in a vibrant team for nationally respected hospitality operator, Sneakers & Jeans – brought to you by hospitality legend Andy Freeman. Named ‘Employer of the Year’ at the 2020 Business News RISE Awards and scooping ‘Hospitality Operator of the Year’ at the AHA Awards for two consecutive years (2019 & 2020), all eyes are on S&J right now.
This is a great opportunity for a hospitality professional seeking a role within a company committed to the development of their employees and the prioritisation of a positive staff culture. You’ll benefit from a full-time position, the opportunity to grow as we grow and the chance to contribute while also learning – with some delicious staff benefits, including the acclaimed S&J Staff Wellness Program.
We urge you to find out a little more about us and our portfolio before applying. Check out our website and our social media!
Send us a cover letter addressing your skills & experience along with your resume & salary expectations. You’ll be required to present references should you be successful for interview.