The position is full-time and responsible to the Head Chef. The successful candidate will be responsible for the cooking, cleaning and general running of 2 restaurants. In the absence of the Head Chef and their assistant, be able to implement and understand the plans of the department. The role fits the ANZSCO code 351311
Abbey Beach Resort is situated 2 ½ hours South of Perth nestled on the beachfront of Geographe Bay amidst landscaped gardens and lakes and at the gateway to the famous Margaret River Region.
The Resort comprises a Café, Brasserie Restaurant and busy Function Centre catering for meetings and conferences.
The successful applicant must have at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role with the following experience/attributes;
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Be fully aware of the general booking situation for the current and future dates, especially during heavily booked periods.
· Be thoroughly knowledgeable of all policies, procedures and systems used in each sector of both restaurants, to be able to give decisive supervision to the staff when needed.
· Ensure that the various reports required for the day-to-day operation are completed accurately and distributed to the required departments.
· Be able to cook for VIP’s and regular guests and coordinating with the Food Service staff for the proper preparation for these meals.
· Be able to place orders with suppliers, know when it is due and ensure it is put away correctly
· Participate in and often do monthly stocktakes to ensure all stock is put away and accounted for.
· Correct use and maintaining of equipment.
· Attend training, meetings and briefings as advised by your Supervisor.
· Work efficiently in both restaurants and be able to move from one to the other during service to meet the needs of the restaurant.
· Be able to prepare function food as directed by the Department Heads for up to 600 people.
· Maintain open communication with all hotel departments.
· To report for duty on time and in appropriate uniform.
· To maintain a high standard of personal presentation at all times.
· To report any maintenance requirements to Supervisor and abide by all Occupational Health Safety and Security regulations as advised.
· To understand and abide by the hotel’s fire evacuation procedures.
· Understand and abide by the hotel policies and procedures at all times.
· Other duties as reasonably requested by supervisor.
In return you will:
· Gain exposure to working for the largest accommodation provider in the Southwest Region.
· Learn and be mentored by industry professionals.
· Have the opportunity to put forward new ideas and processes to improve overall operations.
· Have the opportunity and access to sponsorship if required
· Work with a fun, dynamic team that has a passion for providing outstanding guest service.