Besk is a public bar, kitchen and bottle shop, offering a rotating and considered selection of beer, wine, spirits and seasonal menus. It’s a relaxed meeting place for locals, open day and night, every night.
With a focus on independent WA and Australian producers, alongside leading brands from around the world, our beverage program is ever-changing and has something to suit everyone.
We are seeking a Front of House Duty Manager to support the Front of House Manager and Bar Manager in overseeing the daily operations of Besk, the management of the associated team members and all aspects of the FOH department.
The Duty Manager reports directly to the FOH Manager and works closely with the other Duty Managers, the Bar Manager, Bottle Shop manager and senior Kitchen staff.
This is a full-time role of up to 42 hours per week. A casual employment basis may be considered for the right candidate. Available for immediate start or flexible if necessary.
Being part of the Besk team means being surrounded by people who have a passion for great food, wine & spirits and who want to bring something new to the West Leederville community. Besk has been built to stand the test of time and a passionate quality team is central to the venue’s success.
Staff benefits include:
- Onsite parking for full-time staff (when available)
- Close proximity to West Leederville train station
- Discounted food and drinks from the bar and bottle shop
- Opportunities to work with renowned suppliers, producers and operators in the industry in an array of large scale events booked for 2022.
2021 Accolades & Recognition
In 2021 Besk was awarded;
- ‘Best Beer Specialty’ venue by WA Bar Awards
- Best Bottle Shop in Australia by Beer & Brewer magazine
- 3 Glass status from Australia’s Wine List of the Year
- 3rd place in the WA Good Food Guide Awards for casual dining.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience as a cocktail bartender in a premium venue
- Knowledge in cocktails and beverage production
- Demonstrated experience in exceeding guest expectations
- Approved Manager’s Card
- A minimum of 1 years experience in a similar role in a high volume venue
- Eye for detail & quality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership effectiveness in managing a team of staff
- Able and willing to work a rotating roster including weekend, public holiday, opening and closing shifts
Desirable Skills & Experience
- A firm basic understanding and willingness to learn about all aspects of premium beer, wine and spirits.
- Experience on a commercial espresso machine (we have a Synesso S300)
- Tech savvy, experience with Microsoft Office, Tanda, Adobe Creative Cloud, Squarespace, H&L POS, NowBookIt and other browser based software.
- Stamina for long hours and manual/physical work
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter including a summary of where you are at currently in your career path and what you’re looking for in the next step.