Are you looking for an exciting role working in a World Heritage National Park? Are you a passionate Tour Guide interested in Aboriginal culture, Geology, Flora and Fauna, and do you want to help create memorable visitor experiences?
About the Role:
Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge and Bungle Bungle Guided Tours are well-established, award-winning companies providing guided tours and accommodation in Purnululu National Park (Bungle Bungle). We are seeking professional and enthusiastic Tour Guides for the 2024 season, who share our passion for the Kimberley. The successful applicant must be comfortable working in hot conditions at our live-in remote Lodge.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide friendly and attentive service to guests, aiming provide amazing guest experience
- Assist on guided tours, providing tour commentary including plant, animal, geology and cultural knowledge
- Monitor and support visitors on hikes, alerting leading Tour Guide to guests requiring additional support
- Adopt a culture of safety, ensuring safety management systems and emergency procedures are adhered to
- Set up tour vehicles and tour lunches
- Welcome guests off aircraft, provide morning tea and refreshments, and provide information about the day’s tour
- Assist with freight pick ups and deliveries when required
The successful applicant candidate will possess the following skills and aptitude profile:
- Safety First mindset
- Confident speaker with excellent communication skills
- Committed to outstanding customer service and willing to go above and beyond for our diverse range of guests
- Cultural (geological and local flora/fauna) knowledge of the Kimberley, ideally Purnululu National Park
- Fit and able to work in warm weather outdoor conditions
This role is a seasonal live in position from April through to the end of September, working 20 days per 4 weeks and 8 days off, with a minimum of 4 days off each month in town. Meals and safari tent accommodation are provided on site, as well as the ability to explore the national park and surrounding Kimberley. Air and Road transfers are also provided in and out of the National Park from Kununurra.
The successful applicant must be available to commence in April 2024.
We are also seeking a Head Chef, Head Tour Guide, All Rounders (Housekeeping/ F&B), Maintenance Officer and an Assistant Manager, couple applications are welcome. We highly encourage local and Aboriginal applications.
We recognise and acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the land, Purnululu National Park, on which we operate.
How to Apply:
If you think that this is the right role for you, please apply via this link to submit a cover letter and resume outlining your relevant qualifications and experience.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this position.
Please be advised only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.