Freshly opened in late 2021, Pirate Life Perth is the CBD’s first inner-city brewery housing multiple distinct spaces and venues, with the exciting final stage of the complex launching in the coming months. Among the spaces is TOMA – a premium steakhouse-inspired restaurant headed by Head Chef Charlie Vargas. This intimate 40-seat restaurant focuses heavily on locally sourced premium products including its signature tomahawk steak grilled over banksia and jarrah. The menu is accompanied by an impressive wine list, refined décor, and a welcoming and attentive service style.
The venue’s additional dining offerings include an approachable bar menu of evolving seasonal share plates, and an extensive function menu catering to a range of functions and events, from canape cocktail events to premium private dining experiences.
Pirate Life Perth is the fifth venue by Perth hospitality group Sneakers & Jeans.
About the Role
We are seeking a motivated, passionate, and energetic Senior Sous Chef to join – and assist in leading our dedicated and professional kitchen team. This role is most suited to an experienced and capable leader who relishes mentoring and developing those around the whilst simultaneously delivering creative dishes and full menu concepts to the highest possible standard.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Assist in the creation, preparation, and execution of dishes for a multitude of menus across the venue.
- Assist the Head Chef in monitoring and achieving set department budgets including wage costs and costs of goods.
- Ensure that all kitchen areas are all prepped appropriately before service, and clean and organised at the end of service.
- Assist with daily ordering tasks, including communicating and building rapport with the venue’s suppliers.
- Ensure proper cleanliness and hygiene procedures are always adhered to throughout the kitchen and storage areas.
- Leading the kitchen and service when the Head Chef is unavailable.
- Mentoring and developing the kitchen team ensuring progression plans are adhered to and performance reviews are conducted.
- Working closely with the Head Chef, General Manager, Restaurant Manager and Events Coordinator to develop and execute special events and activations for the venue.
What we are looking for
- 2 years’ experience working in a Sous Chef role in a fast-paced establishment with a premium restaurant offering.
- Confident with menu development, creation of procedures and other required kitchen tasks.
- Excellent soft skills and emotional intelligence to contriute to establishing and maintaining a positive staff culture both within the kitchen and alongside the front of house team.
- Hold full Australian working rights and appropriate covid vaccination requirements.
- Available to work nights and weekends.
- Career progression and development within a multi-faceted venue, and the wider Sneakers & Jeans company.
- Discounts within the venue, and across all other venues in the company.
- Multiple offerings under one roof to learn distinct skills across fine dining, bar dining, and functions and events.
If this sounds like you, then please send an updated resume to [email protected]