April to October 2024
‘home-style’ meals with a professional and contemporary twist using the station’s grass-fed beef and vegetables from the garden.
Think CWA with pizzaz
We are seeking a chef/cook for a seasonal position in our award-winning Station Stay – Wooleen Station. The station cares deeply for sustainable grazing, rotational management, our local Wajarri community and providing healthy experiences which engage customers in deeper conversations.
All meals are supplied during a guest’s stay in The 1918 Homestead. Dinner is served in the formal dining room and breakfast and lunch is served in the kitchen. Hosts, Frances and David Pollock eat with their guests – ensuring guests get to understand all the nuts and bolts of a working station and the environmental project the Station has embarked upon. Meals and use of the homestead are exclusive to those who book the house to assure a personalised stay.
On a daily basis our guests are offered a set menu:
- Continental and cooked breakfast
- Lunch bar includes salad items and homemade bread, wholesome salad options (eg quinoa, couscous, lentils, freekah etc), or soup in winter
- Sweet or savoury options for afternoon tea
- Pre-dinner grazing board
- Main meal and dessert
The successful applicant must:
- Demonstrate the ability to plan a weekly menu and place orders via an online website, including being able to cope with remoteness (the supermarket/suppliers are 300kms away).
- Cook ‘home-style’ meals with a professional and contemporary twist using the station’s grass-fed beef and vegetables from the garden.
- Embrace rich, wholesome, homemade, foods
- Be able to cater to vegetarian, vegan, coeliac, lactose intolerant and low sugar diets when requested
- High standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
- Willingness to cook in an open setting. Guests are able to wander into the kitchen and chat with you. This is a ‘home-style’ setting.
- Organised and methodical
- Ability to engage with customers in a genuine and meaningful way.
- PASSION for food sustainability and nutrient dense eating.
- Have an appreciation for nature and the outdoors. Be up for adventure and spontaneity and the ability to work in a remote location with a small team.
- Be able to cook for the whole station: customers and staff (only 1 meal option required for all unless dietary requirements) averaging between 15-20 a day.
Preferably non-smoking and with no dietary requirements.
Accommodation, meals, and more are provided free plus weekly wage. Wage depends on your experience. 10.5% superannuation payable.
To become part of our team, send detailed information about yourself and a resume to [email protected]
Please check our website www.wooleen.com.au
We’re proud to acknowledge the Traditional Owners, the Wajarri Yamatji people, in which we live and work. We recognise and respect the enduring relationship they have with their lands and water, and pay our respects to Elders, past and present.